Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: It's Not That Hard to Find Our Way


While talking with my precious, one-of-a-kind husband, Dave, he pointed out to me that I do have visions and goals; I’ve simply refused to label them that way. He asked me why I post my blog. My answer: to encourage people to read their Bible. Yes – the light bulb went on! One of my goals is to hear and see that you, my readers, are getting into the Word of God – and that the Word of God is getting into you! How will I know if my goals are realized? Is it measurable? If you are getting into the Word and the Word is getting into you – fruit will be produced. The fruits of God’s Spirit will be made manifest in your lives. If I know you – or hear from you, I may see or hear tell of the fruit in your life. If we never communicate – only God will know the impact of me taking the time to write and post.

The Bible says ‘Where there is no vision the people perish.’ I like the way the Amplified Bible amplifies this for us: Where there is no vision [no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish; but he who keeps the law [of God, which includes that of man]--blessed (happy, fortunate, and enviable) is he. Proverbs 29:18

Definitions of vision vary greatly and include (thanks to www.dictionary.com ):
*the act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.
*the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision;
*a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation:
*the stated aims and objectives of a business or other organization
Yet the Amplified Bible defines vision, as used in Proverbs 29:18, as a redemptive revelation of God.

So yes, I do have goals, because I have a vision of you, along with myself, getting deeper and deeper into the Word of God – uncovering those redemptive revelations of God.

May 2011 bring us all closer to the God that loves us just the way we are, but so much that He won’t leave us here – He’s got so much more for us!

2 comments:

  1. You have encouraged me to look deeper - and I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Looking deeper only hurts when we see things about ourselves (and others) that we feel helpless about. Knowing that God is totally capable and willing to do what we can't is a treasure unfathomable!

    ReplyDelete