Thursday, August 11, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

Time. What more precious gift can we give than that of quality time; love manifested?

Alone time is needed to cultivate inner strength and reliance on God. But when we’re not spending time alone with God, we’re giving our time to or for something or someone. Perhaps it would be a good idea to pick up a pen and diagram where and to whom our time goes. Who or what are we giving our time to? We may see that more of our time goes to petty things that will pass, rather than to those we truly love.

It’s a great idea to be sure to thank those who invest their time in us.

When my husband and I started dating we found ‘our song’. It’s Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. Next to God, spending time with Dave is my most favorite thing to do.   Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce

1 Peter 1:17 Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. (NIV)


Time For A Clock

Time to remember

Time to forget

Anticipation

Or lonely regret


Time that is wasted

Time on your hands

Time so elusive

Like hourglass sands


Time that stands still - as

Time marches on

Times of reflection

To ponder upon


Time heals all wounds -

A lie to our hearts

Time has no end

Nor a tangible start


Time has expired

Or we’ve too long to wait

Time can hold secrets

Delivered by fate



Time that you borrow -or

Time that you kill

Time is the order

God only, can fill.

~Helen Williams! 7/5/03





2 comments:

  1. I have just awarded you The Liebster Award! Stop by my blog for the details!

    I just reposted my comment because random letters clung to the end of my sentence. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan, I feel like a special liebster!

    ReplyDelete