Friday, March 23, 2012

Bigger, Better Buts


In January I wrote of getting rid of our buts –a great post (read it here), I thought. The other day, however, I realized that I like some big buts, and I cannot lie!

In the King James Version of the Bible I found this reason to stop and take notice 43 times, 61 times in the New International Version.
“But God…”
Some of my favorites are:
Psalm 73:26 – “My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.”
Romans 5:8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
1 Corinthians 1:27 “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;”
1 Corinthians 2:9-10 “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.”
1 Corinthians 15:37-38 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.”
Galatians 3:18 “For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise."
Ephesians 2:4-5 “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)”

1 Thessalonians 4:8 "He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.”


No comments:

Post a Comment