Sunday, April 22, 2012

Prove Yourself, God!

A thought that enters into many conversations in various forms comes out in a question that begs: Why doesn’t God prove Himself if He’s real?

If I stand beside a nonbeliever and compare what I have with what they have, looking for who has the most ‘blessings’ – I won’t necessarily see that I have more with my natural eyes. But natural eyes are all the nonbeliever has to see with.

If God always showed the world how He blesses the believer, nonbelievers would find it easier to want those blessings, too, and accept that He is. But God doesn’t want any of us seeking Him simply because of what He can give us.

If I say I prosper more because I’m a Christian, and a nonbeliever sees that his bank account puts mine to shame, he’s likely to say that he prefers his prosperity over mine.

If I go into a third world country and expect God to provide me with a large house with clean running water, grand furnishings and more food supplies than I could distribute, many might believe it’s my God providing for me and seek after that same God. But would they be seeking Him, or merely what He has to give?

God wants us to love Him, to seek after Him – for who He is, not just for what He can provide for us.

Old movies show a king or millionaire making himself out to be a commoner to find the love of his life who will love him for who he is, not for the riches he has. Why would God want any less?

Seek His heart – not His hand.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness..." Matthew 6:33 (KJV)

2 comments:

  1. Helen,don't Know how you,But know God sent you to me.Please pray for me to find the strength to make it seems like everything is pulling me and everyone,all at the same time im sufficating.My Oldest Granson,who i love so much is a senior this year,ready to have his Graduation,My oldest Daughter Lisa{Brandons Mom}Is having a tough time as single Mom of 3 Boys.I Have to make sure help take a hugh hand in helping her.Im so scare for the kid future and lives.I have no one to ever talk to and my Husband is an alcoholic who is never there for me.PLEASE help me ask God to make it,im about to explode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm praying for you my friend. It sure sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now, but God has already prepared you for all you're facing. All of the tough things you've gone through over the years have made you ready and capable to deal with all you have going on. You're stronger than you think. Even when you don't, God believes in you. He's right there with you right now, waiting for you to call out to Him. He will prove Himself to you - He proved Himself to me in one of my darkest hours, and now I know Him as the Lover of my soul, my Savior, my Friend - my Lord and He continues to prove Himself to me daily. He's there for you, too. Call out to Him! He's as close as the whisper of His Name. I know it doesn't really help to know that you're not alone, I've gone through times, too, when I felt like I was suffocating and that life was closing in on me to crush me, but this too shall pass. I'm praying for you, for Brandon, his mom, your husband.... none of this is taking God by surpise. If you'd rather exchange messages privately, send me an email: resqued1@comcast.net

      Delete