Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holy?

God is holy. Be ye holy as He is holy.
 
Last night in church the question came to mind, Can one be very holy? Or super holy? Or exceptionally holy? Or just a little bit holy?
 
Then the response, No, you’re either holy or you’re not.
 
It’s like salvation. Either you’re saved by grace, or you’re not. You can’t be a little bit saved; born-again. You can’t be 99% saved. You’re either saved or you’re lost, no gray area. If you believe you’ve given 99% of your heart to God, in reality, you’re clinging to 100% of your heart, trying desperately to figure out what to do with it.
 
There’s only one safe place for your heart and that’s in Christ. There’s only One Who can fill the voids in your heart, that’s Jesus Christ. To continue to refuse Him entrance there commands that you continue to live life without meaning and purpose; searching. And it’s great that we search, but too often we run around the world looking for the treasure that’s found in our own backyard.
 
At dictionary.com we find one definition of holy that reads:  specially recognized as or declared sacred by religious use or authority; consecrated.
When we give our whole heart to Jesus, we become holy. Not just a little bit holy, simply holy. Consecrated (set apart)  for Christ, by Christ. We are recognized as holy by God’s authority; not because we live good lives or say good things, but because God Himself declares us to be holy, because He declares us to be His.
 
When I go out and purchase something for myself, it becomes mine. When Jesus suffered and died on the cross, He paid the price for our sin, He bought us with His love and with His blood. We belong to Him. But He doesn’t lay claim to our love until we give it to Him. He gives us the right to withhold that love from Him, to try to fend for ourselves in a life He created to be lived in His power. Without Him, we are lost; we are unholy.
 
What holds you captive? What holds you back from giving your heart to the One Who created you and loves you and provides all the power you need to live abundantly?
 
//
Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God. (KJV)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This definitely has GREAT meaning. I must say: I AM HOLY! I give my heart & love to God. He truly loves me & I know this by the life He has given to me. And He continues to love me thru thick & thin! I love Him & are thankful for everything He has done & dose for me every moment of every day. <3

      Delete