Monday, August 31, 2015

More Mercy

(pinterest.com)
Lord, forgive me. Forgive my selfish ways and rid me of them.
Could it be anything but pride that rises up in me 
insisting on my own way?
Offenses come too easily for this Princess!
I yearn to be more like my Father, creative and loving.
When criticism takes control of my tongue and lashes out words that don’t resemble love in any way, 
sorrow and anguish squeeze my heart
and every soul it encroaches upon.
You live in me, O Lord! If the colors I spill out into my world fall through the facets of the stained glass windows of my soul, clean them - so that only Your love shines through 
the uniqueness You designed into me.
With Your healing hand and the Balm of Gilead, through the life-giving power of the Blood of Jesus, wash me and make me new; again.
Rejoicing with gratefulness, I thank You; again.
Taking in Your mercy, let’s unfold today, together; again.


Day One……

(jacqueswatkins.com)
“…We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy.” – Daniel 9:18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment