Friday, January 5, 2018

My Word


photo from thequotablecoach.com)

 
Waiting on….a word. Waiting for the right word to resound within me. The word I’d choose doesn’t fit quite snugly enough. The word I seem to be running from, keeps running after me.



You, or friends of yours, may hear a word that quickens something within them and they claim it as “their word” for the new year. Some may choose a word that they want to claim as their own, others may receive this word from God. Some may have no clue where the word comes from, but it somehow becomes their word.



It could be a word to arouse hope. It could be a word the describes what you’re looking for in the upcoming year. It could just be a word that nags at the back of your mind until you accept it.



If you have no clue what I’m talking about, your love language may not involve words, or you’ve just tuned in to what I’m referring to.


(Photo from willowtree.com)

Any way you have it, you somehow lovingly embrace the word, even when it’s not a word you’d choose if the choosing was yours. Even when it’s a word that normally conjures up visions of the not-so-pleasant; words that may not fall into the category of your favorite words. Such is the case with my word this year.



It seems like I’ve been waiting on myself, waiting on God, waiting on prayers to be answered or weight to be dropped, or energy to be infused.



Yes, my word encompasses the waiting of all waiting. But, not just waiting like dry bones lying in their grave, waiting with eager anticipation. Waiting with a joy-filled heart. Waiting with promise. Waiting with hope. And yes, waiting – with the Son of God, Himself: Jesus.



My word is not a passive word. My word can be an energizing word if I allow it to be. My word is an empowering word, if I so choose. My word, like any word, relies on what I do with it.



Do I bury it in the ground and hope it grows into something beautiful? Do I invest my word in the lives of those I love?

It’s totally up to me.



What will become of it this year?




My word is……….

       Patience.





(picture from pinterest.com)
“Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” – James 1:3-4 (KJV)



“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified.., for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)



“And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious uto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.” – Isaiah 30:18 (KJV)



“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

  
(picture from pinterest.com)


What is your word for this year?










No comments:

Post a Comment