Friday, December 10, 2010

Ezer Rejoicing V


What are you watching for?

Twenty-seven years ago, in a far away land – I gave my heart to Jesus. I taught my children from the Word of God –and learned from them.

One day when my children were young, a friend and I walked across Bentwaters AFB in England. We pushed our strollers to the shopping area for lunch. Every Friday at a certain time, a siren would sound. That was my signal to head back; my oldest was already on the school bus, heading home.

We strolled leisurely until I noticed school buses already on base. We checked the time, confused. They’d sounded the siren an hour later for some reason! My friend pushed both strollers as I took off running. When running in my heels proved to be too hard, I carried them in my hands, my feet breaking into thin ice covered puddles.

Arriving at home with frozen feet and out of breath, I pushed open the unlocked door calling for my six year old son. I searched the main level, he wasn’t there. I ran upstairs and checked his room, empty. At last I found him curled up on my bed, sobbing. He was looking up through the window at the cloudy skies.

My heart was crushed to pieces. I’d let him down. I scooped him into my arms, we cried together and he began to tell me his fear.

‘I thought Jesus came back and left me here without you.’ My broken heart was now stuck in my throat.

This sobering, eye-opening event is mine forever. There’s more – perhaps I’ll share that too someday.

Jesus is coming for a people that are watching and waiting for His sure return, preparing themselves for Him.

Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when He cometh shall find watching: Luke 12:37 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment