Thursday, February 10, 2011

So What About Me?


Can something be true even if we don’t believe it?

Can something be a lie even if we believe it to be true?

Yes. And yes. So how do we know what is truly true? How do we uncover the lies? Find out what God has to say about it.

There are times when we read God’s Word and don’t agree with or understand what we’ve just read. The Bible tells us that God is not the author of confusion – so when confusion overwhelms us as we’re reading His Word we need to ask Him for clarification or at the very least, peace about it. There are many, many things in the Bible that I don’t understand, but my lack of understanding doesn’t keep me from believing that the Bible is truth – the Truth I need to line up with.

So what does God’s Word have to say about me – and you?

One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 139:14 - I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (NIV) Verses 15 – 18 go on to say; My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.

If you have time, read Psalm 139 from the beginning. God knows us intimately – because He created us, He Himself breathed life into us. He wants us to know Him intimately, too. His desire is for intimate communication between us and Himself.

What else does His Word say about us?

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment