Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thanks For The Love!

(imgkids.com)
While helping my daughter move I got to know one of her friends a little better. She’s a precious young woman, strong and tender, fun and gracious. But only having met her once before, I asked myself, ‘Why do I love her so much?’ As quickly as I asked myself the question, the answer came rushing to the forefront of my mind, ‘Because she loves my child so dearly.’  
Before the words had completely formed in my brain, I heard a voice echo the sentiment. ‘Why do I love you so much? Because you love My Son so dearly.’

Giggling and welling up with tears at the same time I cherish the thought. God loves us even before we know Him. He’s loved us since before we entered this world. But what’s more exciting than being loved back?

I’m one of those people that just loves everyone. I may not always like a person’s behavior or agree with how they think, but it’s usually a pretty easy thing for me to truly love the people around me, and even those I haven’t actually even met in person yet. But my children’s friends hold a special place in my heart. I’m genuinely thankful that they love my children the way they do. And it hurts in an extremely painful way when one of those friends hurts or betrays my children. I can’t imagine the anguish our Father must feel.

When I see people loving each other – putting their love into action, I see the light of God in them. To see them loving my children, the joy makes me cry, literally.

2 Corinthians 4:6-7 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. (KJV)

1 comment: