Friday, March 6, 2015

Considered Lovable? Part II

(photo from kochousephchittilappily.com)
For the believer, it’s now very easy to Google lists of scriptures that tell us who we are in Christ; scriptures that reveal God’s great love for us and the grace and mercy He pours over us. There are many, here are just a few: 

But, even before we come to believe, when our understanding is lost in the lies the world perpetuates, there are plenty of scriptures that reveal God’s love for this people He has created in His image.

One of my favorites, very familiar to those of us with a pro-life stance is found in the book of Psalms. It’s a portion of scripture we fall back to in support of the idea that God knew us before we even came into this world and points to the great love He has for us, even before He formed us in our mother’s womb.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thought, God! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand – when I awake, I am still with you.” – Psalm 139:13-18 (NIV)

In the preceding verses, the psalmist explores the notion that there is no where we can run to get away from God, because He’s everywhere and knows everything, even our thoughts before we think them.

(theosophical.wordpress.com)
In these verses, the psalmist declares the awe surrounding our creation, that God was there with us, knowing us and forming us before we took on human flesh; He created us with purpose and on purpose. Our days were ordained and written in some heavenly book before we took our first breath of air.

Whisper this to yourself or say it out loud: I was created on purpose, with a specific plan that only I can fulfill. I am the only key that unlocks certain doors in this universe. Without me, they’re left unopened.

How many doors in our world (of opportunity or beauty or revelation) are left unopened simply because life was snuffed out; perhaps even before birth or because sin distorted our lives for a season. If you’re still drawing breath, there’s still time to fulfill your destiny.

None of us was accidentally dropped onto planet Earth without a reason. Though we may often feel useless and unnecessary, which will make us feel unlovable – those feelings are driven by lies.

Just because someone doesn’t believe in our common enemy, Satan, doesn’t mean he doesn’t lie to them.

If I were never taught about the affects of gravity, it would still pull me to the ground if I stepped off a rooftop.

Satan must laugh loudest when he manipulates those who declare he isn’t real.

“The word of the LORD came to me, saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.’” - Jeremiah 1:4-5 (NIV)

(from montegra.com)

Before He clothes us in flesh, He knows us!

Before He placed us in our mother’s belly, He loves us!

Before our parents came together intimately, God already has a plan for us!

Before anything good or bad in this universe happens to us, God values us!

And while we’re walking along through this journey of life and all there is to discover along the way; all the things that mess us up, all the things we mess up – He’s continuously loving us. He’s wooing us, He’s teaching us, He’s holding us, He’s providing for us. (If you’ve never read the short book Acres of Diamonds, now might be a good time.)

(coachandgrowrich.com)
Knowing how messy our lives would become, He made provision for all of it through His grace.

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8 (NIV)

And only He can love us like that. Our loving Creator atones for our mistakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment