Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Had a Dream About You Last Night

Actually it was the night before last, and it was about me - but I'm sure you'll find yourself in it.

I can't tell you where I stood, I couldn't see a floor or walls or a ceiling. I don't think I was outside. It was as if I stood there in a huge vacuum of some sort. Everything was a light green color.

To my left stood a man in a tweed style suit, wearing glasses and holding a large yellow legal pad in his left hand. With his right hand he wrote. He wrote so much he filled the pad with his writing. I somehow became aware of what he was writing, though I don't recall seeing the words with my own eyes.
He wrote everything bad I've ever done, big and little, insignificant and devasting. My eyes widened, my heart raced and I began to tremble.
Why is he doing this? I became very much afraid.

As if outside of my dream I recalled the Bible calling Satan the accuser of the brethren. That he runs before the Father and tattle-tales on us all. "Look at what Helen's done now! She's really messed up this time...."

Standing there too afraid to move, I stared at the man with his pad. All of a sudden an audible splat startled me. The pad was completely red. I looked up and saw the cross of Jesus high above us, facing us. From his left hand dripped the drop of blood that covered my sins - blotting them out, forever.

Enough said.

(Revelation 12:10 - And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome... are you still in town? Do you want to go do lunch tomorrow? My foot is feeling better. Still gets swollen but I am getting more mobile now. Kim has been really sick fighting migraines and sinus infections and UTI's. Time for the men in our lives to get home and stay home. Destiny's husband leaves for Iraq on the 18th..again. This is the third time now. Anyways, lots to talk about with you. Stuff that just doesn't come across well in an email message.
    Hope you are doing well. Keep dreaming.
    Love you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple, powerful illustration God gave you of redemption. What peace He wanted to give you in this time of trial. He is more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing dream, Helen. It must have touched you to the core. What mercy He has for us.

    ReplyDelete