Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ezer Part 12



It can be very hard to make sense of the world around us. I was talking with a lovely waitress the other day about tragedies that befall the most innocent among us. After stating that she believes in God, she asked with a pained face, ‘Why? How does a loving God allow this?’ That’s a tough question. The only answers I have aren’t usually enough to soften the face of the one asking. It’s a question we’ve all wrestled with, especially when the tragedy hits close to home.

I can say from experience that God will use our tragedies for our good and His glory. He’s done it in my life time and time again. Knowing this to be true doesn’t always make the next interruption of pain or sorrow any easier though. Maybe it would if we learned everything we needed to learn the first time around. But there’s always more to learn.

I do not for one minute believe that God causes tragedies. But I do believe He allows them to occur, because He’s allowed us all to make choices. Most of the time we won’t understand why or what good could possible come out of any tragedy. Oftentimes it’s not until after healing begins to take place that we can look back and see God’s hand in motion. Even then, or years later, there are things we look back at and still can’t make any sense of them. But still, His mercy is there.
One thing I know is that God is good, all the time. He is merciful and faithful to a merciless and faithless people. He trusts us, even when we don’t trust ourselves. In Jeremiah 29:13 God tells us: And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. In the midst of your heartache and grief, search for Him. He promises that you will find Him.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment