Saturday, April 12, 2014

Heaven on Earth - A Blog Post From the Mountains

(Penrose House grounds)
Fridays are generally one of Dave’s days off each week. It’s a day I look forward to because we often spend it together. Whether it’s a day of hiking, an afternoon at the movies or just a day of running errands together, it’s time with my favorite person on the planet.

He knows how to put a smile on my face better than anyone else. He knows what I like to do, where I like to go and how to tickle me from the inside-out.

This past Friday we headed to the southwest part of town and strolled through the Penrose House and grounds. I’d never been there before and I loved it. Afterward, we went for a drive in the mountains, up past Seven Falls (closed till next year because of the atrocious flooding we had last year); we stopped at Helen Hunt Falls and drove along Gold Camp Road, where I revel in some of the most breathtaking views the city has to offer.
(Penrose House, from the back)

The most relaxing part of the day was resting in a cozy spot at the foot of the falls, watching the sun dance off the water, while it baked my legs through my jeans. My face and arms were cooled by the breeze that blew across the snow on the other side of the falls and over the rocky river bed to where I’d nestled in. So many of my favorite elements of nature all in one place! The smell of the pines and the water, the sound of the falls, the heat of the sun and the refreshment from the breeze – then the sight of my husband on the bridge at the top of the falls….gazing down at me.

Yes, Helen, there is a heaven – right here on Earth. I appreciate and enjoy God’s creations so deeply.


(Penrose House, an intriguing tree)
“…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” – John 10:10b (KJV)

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” – John 14:27 (KJV)


“These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.” – John 15:11 (KJV)

“Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” – John 16:24 (KJV)

(Helen Hunt Falls)

(The creek from the falls)

(The nitch where I basked in the glory of it all)

(A view from Gold Camp Road)
(A view from Gold Camp Road)
(The tunnel on Lower Gold Camp Road)

(The light at the end of the tunnel)
(Closer to the light at the end of the tunnel)
(The brilliance of the light at the end of the tunnel)
(A view from Gold Camp Road)

No comments:

Post a Comment