Thursday, July 25, 2019

Apples and Apples and Revelation

(freshplaza.com)

Again, while praying and standing in the red-light booth at Planet Fitness, I found an analogy. This time, for revelation.



It’s really quite simple. I have an apple and I place it on the table between us. You take a picture of it from your side of the table, I take a picture of it from my side of the table. We trade phones and check out the pictures. It looks as though we’ve taken pictures of two different apples! Somehow, your picture shows a greener apple than mine. In my picture, the apple looks almost completely red. How can this be? (Not a fancy illustration or a difficult mystery to unravel, I know. God has to use simple points to ponder with me.)




Since it’s my apple, I pick it up and hand it to you. You examine the apple to see that, yes, it’s one apple that simply looks different from differing angles.

But, without holding the apple to see for yourself the magic of one apple displaying two different colors in appearance, you couldn’t have the revelation you needed to understand and unravel the mystery at hand.

Throughout life, there will be mysteries to unravel, many not quite this simple to solve. For understanding, we need revelation. And to know the truth of the matter, that revelation has to come from the One Who holds the answers, the owner of “the apple”. 

(pinterest.com)
‘God, I see what this mystery looks like from my human perspective, please show me how You see it.’

Is that too simple? That’s godly revelation. Perspective is everything, I’ve blogged about it many times. But, until we see things from God’s perspective, life can look to be too hard.

God doesn’t hide things from us, He hides things for us! He’ll show them to us when we’re ready to ask for the revelation. Sometimes we’re quite content to sit there with our puny human perspective, but why? There’s so much more to life! There’s so much more to every aspect of life than what first meets the eye.

“You have not, because you ask not.” – James 4:2


Ask God for revelation. He’s more than generous, 
He wants you to have the revelation.





No comments:

Post a Comment