Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Got - anything worth having?

(from twitter.com)

Got milk? The commercial has stuck in our heads for a very long time. It’s been applied to every other product imaginable. We laugh because it’s so simple, but the ad agency hit a gold mine with this one, because we remember it. Did it make me buy more milk? No. So, in that sense, it didn’t work on me. You either like milk, or you don’t.

Let’s apply it across the board. Got cash? Got energy? Got faith? Some things are easier to acquire than others. Me? I have no desire for milk. But cash? Energy? Faith? I want more of all of them!

(from kepcutusu.com)

A friend posed a question on social media this morning to rouse dialog, asking, “Why does it feel easier to trust worldly comforts, material wealth, and people more than God?” I answered quickly; too quickly, perhaps. I suggested that perhaps a part of it is that we can see the tangible. Trusting God requires new levels of faith every day, which requires growing and stretching. And let’s face it, a lot of us don’t want to grow or stretch. That involves getting out of our comfort zones. Here in America, surrounded by our first world problems, we like our comfort zones. We’re secure there.

I’d rather be secure in Jesus Christ than in my comfort zone. But, do my actions match my desires? Or are my desires simply statements that I identify with because I’m a Christian and “I’m supposed to” align myself with the Word of God and His will for my life?

A point to ponder for sure.

Are you content – in your comfort zone? Or are you ready and willing to step up and step out into faith? Faith requires trusting that God is real, that He loves you and knows what’s best for you and that you willingly follow where He leads you. Count the cost. Because, it will cost you. But you’ll gain peace beyond all measure and eternity with our King.

(from pinterest.com)

“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)” – Hebrews 1-:23 (KJV)

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” – Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

“Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” – James 2:18 (KJV)

“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” – James 2:26 (KJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment