Saturday, January 28, 2023

This Chick Has a Lot to Discover

 

(from mypetchicken.com)

Sometimes on the road to discovery, we uncover fantastic or magical new things we’ve never seen before, or that we had no clue even existed. Things that take our breath away and our thinking to a whole new level.

Sometimes, though, we discover new things about old things. Those new details about things we thought we already knew everything about can take us to new levels, as well.

Years ago, I discovered that God loves me, personally. That literally blew my mind. The God Who created the universe and everything in it not only created me, too, but He created me for a purpose, and He knows me, and HE LOVES ME! Yes, my heart exploded all over my brain and this discovery launched me into a whole new level of living.

But, what about the man I’ve been married to for more than forty-five years? Can there possibly be anything I don’t know about him? Indeed, there are many things I don’t know about him. We’re constantly evolving and growing to be the man or woman God created us to be all along. How could I possibly know everything about a man who is constantly changing?

Take a step closer and ask yourself, what do I not know about ME?

                                                                 (from Thesarus.plus)

We live in a world within a universe where there’s always someplace new to go, something new to explore, and new adventures where no man has gone before.

But there’s just as much to discover looking inwardly as there is looking at the vast world around us. As a matter of fact, realistically looking at ourselves might make us function better in the world and help us discover more of the things God created for us to explore and do.

What do I about myself? In general, I’d say I ignore myself. That can’t be good.

I already know my brain never stops thinking, but for goodness’ sake, what in the world am I constantly thinking about? Most of the thoughts that randomly cross my mind seem menial and pointless, but are they? Some of my thoughts are deep; those thoughts can intimidate me. How funny is that? Many of my thoughts amuse me. You do it too. I know you’ve caught yourself laughing at a thought you didn’t share out loud.

Maybe it’s time I take inventory of my thoughts. But, then what? Maybe we’ll look at thoughts in my next blog post.

There’s plenty to discover about myself and why I do the things I do the way I do. No doubt it’s because I believe that my way is the best and most efficient way to do things. You probably think that about the way you do things, too. This is probably one of the biggest causes of conflict in the world.

I’m discovering that I need to pay closer attention to myself and my thoughts to learn better ways of taking care of myself and interacting with God and those around me.

One of the biggest questions I have for myself is, “Why do I think the way I do?” Because, well, I’m not always right, yet usually insist that I am. Boom! Mental hand grenade! That hurt.

My “word for the year” is DISCOVER. What better place to start than to discover more about myself and who God created me to be? This is an adventure of discovery I can take with me everywhere I go and assess who I am in every situation. Yes, I morph. Do you?

Here’s my starting point:

“O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me....” – Psalm 139:1 (NLT)





4 comments:

  1. Love this. Love this blog. Love you. Thanks for taking us along on this Discovery - can’t wait to see where God leads you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Discovery can be so much fun, but there's sometimes a fear factor, too.
      It's a journey we'll take together!
      Thank you for reading and for taking the time up comment, too.
      I love you!

      Delete
  2. You're right Helen. I think that most human beings are constantly changing and evolving as a person. Hopefully that evolution is for the better...but not always.
    The best direction for us to grow in is towards doing God's will in our life. Sometimes we get side tracked but thank God for his mercy, grace, and patience with us. God keeps wooing us back to Him.
    You and I have grown and changed a lot in the last 45 years. I thank God that we got to grow together and closer to Him. I love you Helen.

    ReplyDelete