Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Along the Way

Life isn’t about getting to heaven. Jesus already provided for that….. Though this may be our destination – life is about the journey we travel while we get there.

So what am I doing as I journey?

Again, last night I heard the phrase, or something like it, don’t worry about doing – focus on being!

Being? How do I ‘be’ without doing? Isn’t what I am while I’m ‘being’ because of what I’m doing?

No.

But if I’m not doing – I’m LAZY! And we all know what the Bible says about laziness. (If you don’t – laziness is not a good thing.) And of course, faith without works is like a screen door on a submarine. (I wish that was an original thought I came up with on my own, but it’s from an old song.)

So yes, doing is important. But we run into trouble when doing becomes more important than being – and when we allow what we’re doing to determine who we are and worse, our worth.

Something really incredible happened this morning, but you’ll have to wait for my next blog post to hear about it…. I’m running out of words for today. (Yes, I already have it written, so you won’t have to wait long!)

But I want to leave you with these thoughts for today:

*Life is not about getting to heaven. Think on that for a few minutes – even share your thoughts with me if you’d like.

*Who are you today? Put aside what you’re doing and ask yourself: who am I being today?

The white peacock – he’s just being himself……

No comments:

Post a Comment