Friday, June 3, 2011

Music to My Ears

I know some of you’ve been waiting to read about the incredible thing that happened Wednesday morning.

Because of who I am – not because of anything I do…..

I woke up twice. I’m not sure what woke me up, but I heard God singing to me. The first time, He used the voice of the Andy Gibbs as He sang, 'I just wanna be your everything…. Open up the heaven in your heart and let Me be, the things you are to me and not some puppet on a string….'

The second time (at which point I just stayed awake) I heard the soothing sounds of Bread, singing: 'I would give everything I own, give up my life, my heart, my home. I would give everything I own, just to have you back again.' Laying there thinking about the words, I thought about how He did just that. Jesus left His home in heaven – to make His home in my heart. He gave up His life to redeem mine. He gives me access to everything He owns…. He even shares His glory with me by living in me and through me.

I don’t know how many of you are lucky enough to have God sing to you – I know He sings over all of you – but some of us aren’t very good listeners. Just sayin’…

One day I was driving down the road, a bit depressed and bummed about something or other. I turned on the radio and God belted out through my speakers as He sang, ‘Pretty woman…..’ Yes, He thinks I’m pretty. His words, not mine. You know that made my day!

Anyways…. What I’m doing at the moment doesn’t even come into play – sleeping, driving – God Himself sings over me, and to me, while I’m simply being – me. He loves me!

He’s singing over you all the time. Watch and listen. See what song He has for you today!

And oh yea - the peacock? Still just being a peacock!

 
The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17 NIV





No comments:

Post a Comment