Thursday, March 8, 2012

Look At Their Faces

Everywhere I look I see beautiful faces I want to reach out and caress, and bald heads I want to kiss! I see tears I want to wipe; frustrations and fears I want to extract – as if using a Vulcan mind meld, but with one hand on another’s face or shoulder or hand.
How much more do we restrain Christ from reaching into our hearts and healing us and delivering us of all that holds us back and drains our joy? If simple cultural protocol compels me to keep my hands to myself, how much less do we allow God to touch us; to reveal Himself to us? We morph our own culture, so is this self-sabotage? Yet, these beautiful faces, often wearing tears or artificial smiles, call to me; the very heart behind the face calls out to love and be loved.
I really don’t think the people that surround me daily have a clue how beautiful they are. Sometimes I just break the rules and tell them. So far I’ve never had anyone recoil and look at me like I’m a freak. The usual response is a smile, though sometimes hesitant, and a thank-you. Occasionally I’ll walk up to a man and tell him he has the prettiest woman in the place with him. He’ll usually look at her and smile and say something like, “Yes, I do,” which then makes her smile.


It’s so easy to get smiles going….. Pass a few along today, they really are contagious, as well as healing.


God bless you and keep you, God smile on you and gift you, God look you full in the face and make you prosper. Numbers 6:24-26 (The Message Bible)

1 comment: