Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Other Boots

(photo from linkedin.com)
Today we rightly give honor to our veterans near and far, those who’ve gone before us and those we stand beside daily. We should do so every day. God bless you all. Thank you for everything you’ve done for America and her people, and for so many others around the world. Thank you for every sacrifice and every sorrow; for every moment of frustration and every moment of fear. We celebrate with you every moment of victory and triumph and every moment of pride and your safe return from service. We salute you and bless you from the deepest parts of our hearts. And as you do, we bless and salute the ones you love.

(photo from plumdistrict.com)
To those you’ve left behind –

Your love is never forgotten.

Your sacrifices are not invisible.

Your hearts are bigger than the world will ever know.

Your voice is energy; your words are dynamic, even when whispered.

Your tears are saved in a special place as God’s treasure.

Your patience has been tried.

Your questions have gone unanswered.

Your faithfulness is often overlooked.

Your understanding of longsuffering is over-the-top.

Your songs, in your heart - carry tremendous meaning; unfathomable power.

Your pride is deserved.

Your creativity saves the day.

Your dreams are valid.

Your pain is real.

Your wounds are many.

Your confusion is misunderstood.

Your comfort is coming.

Your peace belongs to you alone.

Your joy is sometimes hidden.

Your self-control is tested.

Your prayers have often felt like they were ignored.

But, you are heard.

You are loved.

You count.

You are honored.

You are admired.

You are an over-comer.

You are victorious.

You are envied.

You are important.

You are fulfilling one of your greatest purposes, right now.

You are indispensible.

You are the mortar between the bricks; without you there is no strong tower.

You are the reason love marches forth to protect and defend and conquer evil.

There are no heroes without you, for without you, there is no need for heroes.

Thank you!

I give you all my love, now and always. 

“Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Bless are all who wait for him!” – Isaiah 30:18 (NIV)

“The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” – Psalm 23 (NIV)





No comments:

Post a Comment