Saturday, November 1, 2014

Royalty

Two real Princesses, Pamela Coulter and me
Everything has a flip side. With the chaos that often accompanies the plethora of thoughts that are a constant in a mind like mine, come ideas. Some of those ideas are flakey, some inventive, some are probably brilliant, but in the previously mentioned chaos, some of these ideas are lost in the shuffle.

On those infrequent occasions where I get to ponder just one point for a few seconds, I can enjoy a euphoria that’s impossible to explain. Many of these moments occur as I’m enveloped in peace and excitement while worshiping my King.

A few Sundays ago, we sang a song into which the song leader spoke the line, “Take a look at me now, I’m a wonder; I know who I am!”

I wanted to shout that declaration to the world!

“Everybody, take a look at me now, I’m a wonder; I know who I am!” – Because I know I AM!

Who I am is directly tied to Who’s I am. I’m royalty; I am a daughter of the King, the most high God! I am a real Princess. I’m endued with all the power a king gives his children. I’m privileged and in right standing with my Father, the Judge of the living and the dead. And I’m excited about it! Hallelujah!

Last week I was blessed to spend a few hours with a precious Princess [Pamela Coulter] and two of her children; all heirs of our Lord, Jesus. We talked about everyday things, everything and anything. We didn’t actually pray together, or even talk about church or how blessed we are. But just being in her presence brought me peace and joy and an excitement that comes from sharing the same space with another member of the body of Christ; a sister who loves God as much as I do; another real Princess. A special kind of energy is produced in that mix. I needed that lift. Despite the difficulties in either of our lives, we went our own ways spilling over with the kind of joy Nehemiah was talking about when he said, “….the joy of the LORD is your strength.” – Nehemiah 8:10 (KJV)

If only we all recognized the grace we walk in; the privilege and power we possess. If only we saw ourselves as God sees us!

“Everybody, take a look at me now, I’m a wonder; I know who I am!” – Because I know I AM!

Take a minute and listen to the song [below] that took me away! Let God fill you to overflowing!


No comments:

Post a Comment