Saturday, November 2, 2019

He Stood Up


(Photo from everydaypower.com)
Sunday morning at church a powerful, popular young woman asked us to envision Jesus sitting on the throne, at the right hand of God – smiling at us. Then she asked us to smile back at Him.

In my mind, as He sat there in all His glory, He smiled, having finished the work He was sent to complete – our salvation, and everything that comes with it, is paid for. That’s a mighty hallelujah! His smile was everything I needed. As I was out there, buried in the crowd of the masses of believers, I could see Him as if He were right in front of me. I waved and smiled back, overjoyed to see my best friend. To my joy and surprise, He spotted me in the crowd – and HE STOOD UP! He stood up and waved at me, His smile even bigger than ever, as if He was smiling at me alone. I know the crowd didn’t disappear, we were all still there, but in that moment, I felt like I was the most important person in the world to Him. He waved vivaciously as if saying, “Helen! Hi! I’ve missed you. There you are! I’m so excited to see you!”

I felt awe cover me like the steam in a steam room comes up to take your breath away. Excitement washed over me, bathing me, permeating every pore in my body.

Time stood still.

I have no idea what the woman of God standing before us said after that. I was immersed in the glory of God that wrapped itself around me.

(picture from Pinterest.com)
Do you ever make the time to spend time with God? Reading or studying His Word, praying or just quietly pondering His goodness? Even in those moments, it doesn’t always feel like God is present there with you, in the here and now. But, in this instant, I felt His very real, tangible presence.

I get it, we don’t walk simply by our feelings. But, when feelings are added to our faith, it’s a beautiful moment, indeed.

Whether I “feel” Him here with me or not, He’s here. There’s an old anonymous quote that says, “Bidden or not, He is here”. His Word tells us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. When it feels like He’s a million miles away or has completely vanished from the horizon of our soul – it’s because we’ve turned our eyes to other things. No matter how many steps we take in the wrong direction, it takes only one step to get back into His presence. Not even a step, really. Just turn around, He’s there. He’s had your back all along.

Picture Jesus sitting there on His throne, right next to His Dad, smiling at you.

Smile back.

Oh, and one more thing: “If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.” – 1 John 3:20 (NIV)



“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified… for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

“The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave your nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” – Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

“No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Joshua 1:5 (NIV)

“…Because God has said, “I will never leave you; never will I forsake you.” – Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)


(Picture from Pinterest.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment