Friday, November 15, 2019

Worry Much?


(crosswalk.com)
Do you ever worry?

I imagine most of us do.

I’ve never thought of myself as a worrier, though. I was a military wife for almost 25 years, and I saw God intervene to protect my husband. One night while he was working in the weather tower at RAF Bentwaters, I called the children together to pray for Daddy. In my mind I’d seen him flailing like a flag in the wind off the side of the tower. When Dave got home from his shift, he told us how the wind almost blew him off the observation platform, but something pulled him back. Yeah, I think I can trust God with Dave.

We’ve seen countless prayers answered. 
(biblestudytools.com)
As young adults our boys joined the military and went off to war; enough to worry any mother. Yet, trusting them to God’s protection, we heard stories of how God’s protection manifested. Our daughter has moved far away from us twice now, and God has provided for her every step of the way, even when things got ugly. Yeah, I think I can trust God with our children.

Throughout this journey of life, God has taken care of us. He’s always proved Himself faithful.

“We need to give not only the situation that weighs so heavily on us to Him, but ourselves as well.” James Banks pours into us with simple, yet powerful truths in his book Prayers forProdigals. His point is very valid. When I place my children or my husband or my friends into the powerful hands of God, Who’s been loving them more than I do, He joyfully provides for them. But He wants US to climb up into those loving hands, too. How can we trust Him with people who are a part of us, without trusting Him with everything that makes us who we are?

(returningtooneness.com)
Mr. Banks goes on to say, “When by faith we take hold of Jesus, reaching for Him and not just what He can do for us, He takes hold of us and lifts us to new places of grace.”

That takes us to the exciting level of believing that nothing is impossible with God. Living in the blessings of God shows us that His grace provides everything we need, even miracles.

Is trusting God with anything trusting Him at all if we’re not trusting Him with EVERYthing?

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own (puny, human, incomplete) understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5 Amplification in parenthesis are mine…

(billygraham.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment