Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Bug on a Trail

 

I'm always looking for spiritual parallels, because sometimes if you're not paying attention, they're lost on you. 

 

Since my husband retired, we've been going hiking in the mornings. We're walking, but I call it hiking because we're on trails out and about in the open spaces of the Colorado Springs area. Some trails are rocky, some sandy, some paved. 

 

Shout out to my friend Kelly for the new, pink trekking poles! I love them! Thank you, Kelly. 

 

While huffing and puffing uphill, my walking stick/trekking pole came down right next to a giant beetle. 

 

Whew! That was close. Almost crushed him.

 

I wondered; did he even see my pole? Did he know how close he just came to painful death? Did his heart race at the narrow escape?

Do bugs praise God?

 

(from boingboing.net)

Or perhaps he never saw it coming; never even noticed my pole less than an inch from his black, shiny body. 

 

How often do we miss God's protection?

 

We'll never know how many times divine intervention saved us from disaster, or even death. 

 

God's not finished with us yet!

 

As the decades flitter by and time piles up behind us, most of us can recall hard times. But we're here today. 

 

So many of us have survived some tough stuff. After a battle in India, Winston Churchill said, "I've been preserved for higher things." 

 

Why am I here?

 

I ask myself that question plenty. 

I need to be asking God and watching for His answers.

 

Why are YOU here?

 

Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

 


No comments:

Post a Comment