Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wintertime

As I look out my dining room window over the gray and brown city that sprawls out before my eyes, the stillness and silence captures my attention almost as quickly as the drab, muted colors. It looks lifeless out there. I find myself discontent, ungrateful and wanting springtime hues to splatter themselves on the picture before me, a picture to bland to even place within this blog post.

 

But what lies in wait out there? Seasons occur for a reason. Plants go dormant, temperatures drop, leaves disappear, clouds block out the warmth of the sunshine, all to create a season of preparation. Why can’t the whole world enjoy seasons the way Florida does? Their temperatures dip – but not to the point of freezing temperatures that chill us to the bone. Yet I’m glad the whole world doesn’t have to watch the seasons pass like those closer to the North Pole.

 

Diversity. God must really dig it.

 

I’ve learned that diversity is not without reason and purpose. Just as you and I are different, intentionally, God enjoys it all. He created us for His good pleasure. He gave us this world to live in and take care of, as it takes care of us. He’s provided everything we need and placed us in the middle of it. There’s so much to learn, if we’ll just pay attention to the illustrations He surrounds us with.

 

I wonder how many of us die in the wintertime, simply because we don’t have the courage to hold out for spring. Sometimes the dismal view outside our window sucks us into it and we feel gray and cold and somehow that translates to feeling alone and misunderstood.

 

This aloneness is merely another season to explore…we are not alone. Who better to explore it with than your constant companion and the lover of your soul?

 

“So the Lord alone led him, and there was no foreign god [no loneliness, no fear, no emptiness, no sorrow, no purposelessness, no poverty, no grief, no despair] with him.” ~ Deuteronomy 32:12 (NKJV)

 

Indeed the hour [season] is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.” ~ John 16:32 (NKJV)

 

Expounding in the brackets is mine.

2 comments:

  1. This all makes perfect sence to me honey. Thi is God's whole plan. And I honor Him & love & trust Him completely. Amen, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When уou thinκ гoughly the сοsts
    tortuous takes pгοperty on Каuai. tаntric
    maѕsage aгe basicаlly likewiѕe arrаnge а mini mаѕsаge аcademic
    teгm fоr you on the sаmρle equiрment.
    Ι can relax іѕn't conditioned to the breeding, the more emphasis should placed on the stretch.

    my web page: london tantra

    ReplyDelete